Scion AV X CLOT Show Sweepstakes
- No Purchase OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS Necessary TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A Purchase OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR Chances Of Winning.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- ENTRY VIA TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM ONLY AND MOBILE INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. “PROTECTED” TWITTER ACCOUNTS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEND ENTRIES ON THE TWITTER PLATFORM. “PRIVATE” INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEND ENTRIES THROUGH THE INSTAGRAM APP FOR THIS CONTEST.
- ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
- THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER, INC. OR INSTAGRAM, LLC.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The Scion Juice- A Presentation of Product Curated by CLOT Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), Beyond Marketing Group, LLC (“Producer”), their parent companies, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of such employees’, officers’ and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and those living in the same household shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. Further, entrants must be a member of good standing of Twitter in order to participate in the Sweepstakes and win a prize. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor and Producer, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
2. Entry Periods. The Sweepstakes begins on or about 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 30, 2013 and all entries must be received on or before 10:00 a.m. PT on October 28, 2013 (the “Entry Period”) during which four winners will be chosen.
3. How to Enter. There are two (2) methods of entry for this Sweepstakes:
(i) Twitter Method of Entry. To participate and enter this Sweepstakes via Twitter, individuals will need a Twitter account (“Twitter Account”). If you do not already have a Twitter Account, visit www.twitter.com to create a Twitter Account; creating a Twitter Account is free. By submitting your information and creating a Twitter Account, you will be required to agree to the Twitter terms of service, privacy notice and/or other applicable Twitter rules. If you do not agree to Twitter’s terms of service, privacy notice and/or other applicable Twitter rules, you cannot create a Twitter Account or participate in this Sweepstakes via Twitter. Once logged into your Twitter Account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of the @ScionAV Twitter Account. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period, follow the call to action provided in any advertising for the Sweepstakes. The call to action for this Sweepstakes will require entrants to post a photo of one product displayed at the Scion Juice- A Presentation of Product Curated by CLOT show, taken by entrant, held at 7667 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036 to their Account and when they post the photo, entrant must mention “@ScionAV” and include BOTH the unique hashtags “#ScionAVxCLOT” and “#juicela” as part of their post. Sponsor/Producer, at its sole discretion, may accept a technically incorrect unique term. Sponsor/Producer may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and neither Sponsor nor Producer is responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. NOTE: Producer may not receive entries from Twitter users with “protected” updates (i.e., user has set their Twitter Account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) due to the way Twitter operates its service. Messages not received by Producer will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. By including BOTH the unique hashtags “#ScionAVxCLOT” and “#juicela” in the Tweet message, entrants are confirming their acceptance and agreement to these Official Rules.
Limit of one (1) entry per person (regardless of method) will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor and Producer may be disqualified. Sponsor and Producer may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other. Producer may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Twitter or Instagram services that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use such services for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor/Producer via these platforms, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the account for the potentially winning entrant, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria or if that person is the approving parent or legal guardian of a minor participant who meets all of the eligibility criteria. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winners may be required to provide Sponsor and Producer with proof that he/she is the registered account holder for the e-mail address associated with the account for the potentially winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Any damage made to any website or the Twitter or Instagram services will be the responsibility of the registered account holder of the e-mail address for the account submitted at the time of entry. It is a potential winner’s responsibility to set his/her account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor/Producer and to timely check his/her account for any messages.
MOBILE DISCLOSURE: If you opt to receive Sponsor’s Tweets, including any prize notification or other Sweepstakes-related Tweets, via text message to your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), standard text messaging rates will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone and text message means that you understand that you may receive additional text messages from Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes, including to notify you if you are a potential winner in this Sweepstakes, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
4. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. There will be four (4) winners selected in this Sweepstakes. The potential winners will be selected through random drawings taking place throughout the entry period at Producer’s sole and absolute discretion. For both Twitter and Instagram entries, the entries that will be included in the drawing will be determined by searching both platforms for individuals who included the required hashtags and image in their entry. All Twitter and Instagram entries will be pooled together and the potential winners will be selected from all valid entries to the Sweepstakes received during the Entry Period in accordance with these Official Rules. The potential winners will be notified as described below within two (2) days after the drawing. If the potential winner originally posted their entry on Twitter, the potential winner will be contacted using the direct message feature on Twitter for the user Twitter Account that posted the winning Tweet if a winner is a follower of @ScionAV. If a potential winner that entered on Twitter is not a follower of @ScionAV, then a potential winner will have to set their potentially winning Twitter Account to follow @ScionAV (so that Producer will be able to send a private direct message via Twitter) within the time stated in the notice of the Sponsor’s submission of an @Reply to the potential winner or else the Sponsor may disqualify such potential winner’s entry. However, this is only for purposes of facilitating eligibility verification and prize fulfillment communication and may be discontinued following that process. It is your responsibility to timely set your Twitter Account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check your Twitter Account for such messages. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of delivery of notice attempting to use such methods. If a potential winner originally submitted their entry on Instagram, potential winner will be contacted by Sponsor through a comment on the potentially winning post and Sponsor will provide an e-mail address (or other contact information) where the potential winner can send or otherwise deliver their prize claim. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of a private direct message to the potential winner via Twitter or the posting of a comment on the potentially winning post via Instagram. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for failure of a potential winner to contact Sponsor after being notified that they are a potential winner. Sponsor and Producer will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winners. Decisions of the Sponsor and Producer as to the selection of the winners will be final.
The potential winners may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prizes. If a potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If a potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners.
5. Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each applicable Entry Period.
6. Prize(s) and Values. Each winner of this Sweepstakes will be awarded the following prize: a limited-edition Scion AV CLOT collaborative item. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is: Forty Dollars (U.S. $40.00). To claim the Prize, winners must respond to the notification of having won with an address to which a Prize will be shipped, at no cost to Winner. Upon notification, you will be required to provide your correct full-name, mailing address, telephone number and/or e-mail address to Producer in response to Producer’s request. Neither the Sponsor nor Producer will replace a lost, stolen or destroyed Prize. Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with his/her Prize, the Sponsor may elect, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions, except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with their prize(s), the Sponsor may elect, to provide winners with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. In the event a prize winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the applicable experience early. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor or Producer with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prizes will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winners for the actual value of the prizes received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Neither Sponsor nor Producer is responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes. If the winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and neither Sponsor nor Producer will have any further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. The total ARV of all of the prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is: One-Hundred Dollars (U.S. $100.00).
7. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, winners irrevocably grant the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prize(s) to the winner(s). Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Sweepstakes Entities.
8. Tampering with Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE TWITTER SERVICE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted on Twitter via a Sponsor update and/or on the site(s) where these Official Rules have been posted.
9. Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (2) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (c) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
10. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Sweepstakes; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; (B) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) as a part of the prizes provided in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (C) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, and (4) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Entrants agree and that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the Website or the Twitter service or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
11. Entry Information and Sweepstakes Communications. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor and Producer to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor or Producer may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Sweepstakes or on a Sweepstakes winner’s list.
12. Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor, Producer or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Dispute Resolution. PLEASE READ THIS PROVISION CAREFULLY. IT INCLUDES AN AGREEMENT TO MANDATORY ARBITRATION, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT ANY DISPUTE RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES TO BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN PROCEED IN COURT. THIS SECTION ALSO INCLUDES A CLASS ACTION WAIVER, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO PROCEED WITH ANY DISPUTE INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION. THIS SECTION ALSO INCLUDES A JURY WAIVER.
There may be instances when you have a problem or dispute that needs special attention. In those instances, Sponsor and Producer are committed to working with you to reach a reasonable resolution that satisfies you; however, we can only do this if we know about and understand your issue. Therefore, for any problem or dispute that you may have with Sponsor or Producer, you acknowledge and agree that you will first give Sponsor and Producer an opportunity to resolve your problem or dispute. This includes you first sending a written description of your problem or dispute to Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc, 19001 S. Western Ave., WC12, Torrance, CA 90509 (Attn: Legal Department). You then agree to negotiate with Sponsor and Producer in good faith about your problem or dispute. This should lead to resolution, but if for some reason your problem or dispute is not resolved satisfactorily within sixty (60) days after Sponsor’s receipt of your written description of it, you agree to the further dispute resolution provisions below.
You agree that the sole and exclusive forum and remedy for any and all disputes and claims that cannot be resolved informally and that relate in any way to or arise out of participation in the Sweepstakes and/or these Official Rules shall be final and binding arbitration, except to the extent that you have in any manner infringed upon or violated or threatened to infringe upon or violate any of the Sweepstakes Entities’ or any third party patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or publicity rights, in which case you acknowledge that arbitration is not an adequate remedy at law and that injunctive or other appropriate relief may be sought by the Sweepstakes Entities and/or the applicable third party(ies). You and we acknowledge that these Official Rules affect interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to arbitrations under the Agreement (despite any other choice of law provision).
Arbitration under these Official Rules shall be conducted by JAMS. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures). Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. An arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available in a court, including injunctive or declaratory relief and attorneys’ fees. In addition, for claims under $75,000 as to which you provided notice and negotiated in good faith with Sponsor as required above before initiating arbitration, if the arbitrator finds that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to a recovery of reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Except for claims determined to be frivolous, Sponsor agrees not to seek an award of attorneys’’ fees in arbitration even if an award is otherwise available under applicable law. As a limited exception to the agreement to arbitrate, you and we agree that you may take claims to small claims court, if your claims qualify for hearing by such court.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, NO ARBITRATION OR OTHER CLAIM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE JOINED TO ANY OTHER ARBITRATION OR CLAIM, INCLUDING ANY ARBITRATION OR CLAIM INVOLVING ANY OTHER CURRENT OR FORMER VISITOR OF THE SITES, AND NO CLASS ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS SHALL BE PERMITTED. In the event that this CLASS ACTION WAIVER is deemed unenforceable, then any putative class action may only proceed in a court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration.
WE BOTH AGREE THAT, WHETHER ANY CLAIM IS IN ARBITRATION OR IN COURT, YOU AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BOTH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL INVOLVING ANY CLAIMS OR DISPUTES BETWEEN US.
In no event shall any claim, action or proceeding by you related in any way to the application or these Official Rules be instituted more than three (3) years after the cause of action arose.
14. List of Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules Requests. To receive a list with the names of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Scion Juice- A Presentation of Product Curated by CLOT Sweepstakes Winners List, Beyond Marketing Group, LLC, 17461 Derian Ave., Suite 106, Irvine, California 92614-5807. Please indicate which Sweepstakes Winners List you are requesting by referring to the unique name identifying the Sweepstakes listed above. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Scion Juice- A Presentation of Product Curated by CLOT Sweepstakes Official Rules, Beyond Marketing Group, LLC, 17461 Derian Ave., Suite 106, Irvine, California 92614-5807 prior to the end of the Entry Period and indicate which Sweepstakes Official Rules you are requesting by referring to the particular Sweepstakes name as noted above. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
16. Sponsor and Producer. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., 19001 South Western Avenue, Torrance, California 90509-2742 and produced by Beyond Marketing Group, LLC, 17461 Derian Ave., Suite 106, Irvine, California 92614-5807 (Attention: Scion Promotions). Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and does not endorse or otherwise have anything to do with this Sweepstakes. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Sweepstakes.
//End of Official Rules//